My Life, My Obsessions

Monday, March 31, 2008

A Barrel of Monkeys!

Who remembers this toy?




I never had one, which is perhaps why I felt compelled to crochet it.


The pattern is in my Etsy store.


Check out the cute barrel. It holds eight to ten monkeys.

The arms, legs, and tails interlock to form chains, patterns or just a big mass of monkeyness.

I loved this quote.

"One monkey arouses a great deal of amusement. Two or more then double the interest and amusement. If one were to release a barrel full of monkeys, we must suppose that their antics would become hilariously comical." - Charles E. Funk

(Updated) There's another way to do the arms, legs, and tail. Below are the picture of the little monkey and the instructions (both from Midds on Crochetville).

"For the arms I sl st towards the end of the pipe cleaner, folded it over and sc 8 times close together around the pipe cleaner. I cut a long tail. Then I took the pipe cleaner and fed it through the body at round 6. I then repeated the process on the other side of the pipe cleaner. I then fed the long tails through the monkey and knotted them together and hid the yarn inside. I did the same thing for the legs except I did 10 sc and placed them at round 9. For the tail I ch. 11, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across for a total of 10 sc."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Very Cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:37 PM  

  • Wow! What a great idea, my boys would love that! And the best thing is that it cant be broken by naughty little boys! I checked out your Etsy store and I'll be sure to visit again after I persuade Hubby to let me spend a few bucks! lol =)

    By Blogger Ally, At 12:58 PM  

  • Thanks! I was hoping for a quiet toy that would keep my kids busy, but non-breakable is definitely a plus!

    By Blogger Emily, At 1:10 PM  

  • I used to LOVE barrel of monkeys when I was a kid! Your pattern is adorable and ingenius!

    By Blogger Anita, At 2:37 PM  

  • That is SOOOO cute!!!! :):):):):):)
    -bsw

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home